Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Post 5 - Summary


Don't be afraid of snakes! Most are very gentle and cool. I got a Ball Python snake for Christmas named "Lucky" and that made me want to learn more about snakes and write this blog. Finding information about snakes was actually pretty easy and fun. I know how to use the Internet to find cool images, facts, videos and information. I also used a Ball Python Manual that was very helpful. The most interesting facts I learned were that Ball Pythons slither by moving their ribs unlike other snakes and that they are one of the biggest snakes. During this project I also learned how to handle and care for my snake. My Mom taught me how to hold and feed "Lucky" and clean the cage.


I wanted to see more real snakes, so a few weekends ago, we went to the East Bay Vivarium (awesome!!!). I held a Boa Constrictor. There was a Dad there with a 3 year old girl and she was afraid of snakes until I let her touch the Boa I was holding. I guess that's how I felt also, a little scared at first but as I learned how to handle them correctly, it's wasn't so scary anymore. The Vivarium also had a 12 foot Burmese Python! There was a giant Lizard that was 5 feet long and there were white snakes that ate live gold fish. If you are interested in snakes, I would highly recommend the East Bay Vivarium.

I think this was a a fun and interesting project. I liked it so much that I created another blog called "Nik's Cool Pearl Jam Blog"(check it out). Although most people are extremely scared of snakes, it's mostly because they haven't learned that most snakes are not venimus and that handled correctly, they will not bite you (unless there's food in their cage). I recommend any kind of Python for a cool pet!

1 comment: